For information on placing an ad, please visit NABT Advertising.
American Institutes for Research
Science Assessment Item Writers
Want to use your science degree to help improve education? Join our Science Team!
Science Assessment Item Writers – New Graduates
Location: Washington, D.C. or Chicago, IL
AIR’s Assessment Division develops academic tests covering all of the sciences. We are looking for new graduates with science expertise to help develop these tests.
The AIR Assessment is the leader in statewide, online assessment. We integrate cutting edge technology with content expertise to develop standardized assessments across the nation.
We are currently seeking entry level Science Assessment Item Writers to join on our team in the Washington, D.C. or Chicago, IL office.
Science Assessment Item Writers will work in interdisciplinary teams to craft test items and performance tasks to measure what students have learned. This involves finding related readings and information to serve as “stimuli” for the test items, crafting and reviewing the items themselves, using our state-of-the-art tools to create highly interactive items, simulations, and other types of tasks.
B.S. in Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Engineering or scientific field.
Minimum 3.5 GPA
Successful candidates will demonstrate imagination, analysis skills, attention to detail, the ability to identify problems and conceptualize solutions, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work collaboratively with others.
For more information, please visit our website at www.air.org
Faculty Open Rank - Biological Sciences
Job Title: Faculty Open Rank - Biological Sciences
Job ID: 15030
Location: Hunter College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
The Department of Curriculum and Teaching in Hunter College’s School of Education and the Department of Biological Sciences in the School of Arts and Sciences jointly seek candidates for a tenure track position in Biology Education effective Fall 2016.
Duties associated with this position include: 1) teaching mainly at the undergraduate level in the Department of Biology Sciences, 2) engaging in research, scholarly writing and grant work , 3) serving on program, department, school, college and university committees, where appropriate, and 4) student advisement and high school transition.
All candidates must have an earned Ph.D. in biology, biology science education, or a related field. Also required is the ability to teach successfully, and demonstrated scholarship or achievement. The successful candidate will be expected to establish and/or sustain active, independent programs of extramurally funded research in science pedagogy at the college and/or secondary school level. Specifically, the focus should dovetail with the educational mission Hunter College, to provide a rigorous and well-rounded education to a diverse, urban population.
CUNY offers a competitive compensation and benefits package to its faculty, covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
From our job posting system, select "Apply Now", create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information. If you are viewing this posting from outside our system, access the employment page on our web site and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Candidates should provide a CV/resume and statement of scholarly interests.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin June 29, 2016.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Faculty
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
San Francisco Community College District
Biological Sciences Instructor
Position Title: Biological Sciences Instructor
(Biological Sciences Department)
(Tenure-Track & Temporary, Part-Time Pool)
Posting Number: 0160075
Filing Deadline (All postings close at 4:00 PM): 08-19-2016
Job Type: Faculty - Tenure-Track/Part-Time Pool
Examples of Duties:
1. Assume primary responsibility for lecture and laboratory instruction in university parallel lower division human biology or general biology related courses to non-majors and general education students;
2. Teach day, evening and/or weekend classes at the Ocean campus and at other sites as assigned;
3. Coordinate instruction in human biology or general biology related courses with multiple instructors; including selection of texts, manuals and streamlining of laboratory preparations and materials;
4. Hold office hours and be available to assist and advise students at times that are convenient to them;
5. Participate in on-going biology curriculum development, including the upgrading of course outlines and development of innovative and effective laboratory exercises and demonstrations;
6. Participate in identification of equipment needs, contribute to the organization and maintenance of models; slide collections, laboratory equipment and materials relevant to the teaching of biology classes;
7. Participate in the expansion and development of ancillary materials materials and software for teaching biology classes;
8. Participate amicably and effectively with colleagues in the completion of duties necessary for the effective operation of the Department of Biological Sciences and the college, such as committee work, grant writing, curriculum development, assessment of student learning outcomes, community outreach and student support activities;
9. Maintain standards of professional knowledge, conduct and ethics appropriate to the position department and the college;
10. Perform other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
To apply, please visit our website at http://apptrkr.com/819986